9ja Adventurer

Wednesday 28 March 2012

Interview: Lil Jojo says he's better than Aki and Pawpaw








Jonathan Cyril also known as Lil Jojo is a talented Nigerian Musician. When you see Lil Jojo the first thing that comes to your mind because of his size is the Nigerian Actors Chinedu Ikedieze and Osita Iheme also known as ‘Aki and Pawpaw’ Film Afrique was able to interview Lil Jojo and discovered some things that were unknown to the public. He talks about his being of greater advantage than Aki and Pawpaw because he can Act as well as sing.

Film Afrique: Let’s meet you Sir? *Laughs*
Lil Jojo: The Name is Jonathan Cyril aka Lil Jojo. I’m an easy going guy, I’m From Nsukka local Government Area of Enugu state, Nigeria. I was born in Kaduna state. I never knew I was going to do music, but I fell in love with it along the way and I’m still very much in love with it. I’m a Secondary School graduate, and now I do music full time.

Film Afrique: How old is Lil Jojo?
Lil Jojo: Hmm about my age, I’m still trying to figure out how old exactly I am

Film Afrique: Are you really serious about the age thing?
Lil Jojo: Yeah I’m serious about the age thing.

Film Afrique: Have you ever been in a Movie?
Lil Jojo: No, I haven't been in any Movie, but way back I participated in drama classes in school

Film Afrique: What kind of Music will you say you do?
Lil Jojo: Hip hop, but I’m trying to be able to do anything on a Track, a little bit of singing here and there.

Film Afrique: What record label are you currently signed to?
Lil Jojo: Right now i have a recording deal offer from a label (Dreamforte) based in South Africa

Film Afrique: Before Aki and Pawpaw nobody knew you and your Music would you say they inspired or motivated you?
Lil Jojo: Naa they didn't, then I was still kinda finding my way, and today at least a reasonable amount of people have seen and heard of me, but I have an advantage over them because i can act as well, but music is where my heart is and i do music perfectly well.

Film Afrique: Do you know about Africa Movie Academy Awards?
Lil Jojo: I've heard a lot about it but i’ve never been invited, so i don't really know what it’s all about, but i know it has something to do with the Africa Film industry.

Film Afrique: So you would love to attend the next Africa Movie Academy Awards?
Lil Jojo: Yes o! But if I’m properly invited.

Film Afrique: Do you think there is a strong competition in the Nigeria Music Industry?
Lil Jojo: Yes o very strong one, and that’s why the industry is growing the way it’s growing.

Film Afrique: Which of them do you think are doing it big and getting it right now?
Lil Jojo: Like right now its Davido and wizkid for me.

Film Afrique: Who are your favourite Nigerian Musicians both male and female and why?
Lil Jojo: Female it’s got to be sexy Tiwa Savage and for the male it's got to be Dbanj, Wizkid and Davido. I’m really proud of their growth.

Film Afrique: What’s new with Lil Jojo?
Lil Jojo: I’ve been recording a lot, you all should watch out for the video of my joint "so glad" ft YQ.


                                            Watch Lil Jojo's Hit Single 'Gini' Video here:

  
TEXT OLIVER EZEDIKE

No comments:

Post a Comment